Terms & Conditions of Booking with Ardenstur Holiday Cottages (Woodside Park Estates Ltd)
During Spring Bank Holidays, June, July, August and October half term, we offer week-long bookings in our cottages from Saturday to Saturday. Out of season, short breaks and holidays starting on different days are available; please enquire.
- All bookings must be accompanied by a non-refundable security deposit(£100 for two-person cottages and £200 for larger cottages).
- After your visit, we will refund your security deposit less the cost of electricity, breakages or additional cleaning
- The rent is due 42 days (six weeks) before the start of the holiday. If the booking is made less than six weeks before the start of the holiday, the security deposit and the rent is due immediately. If you fail to pay the rent by the due date, we may have to cancel your booking.
- When you book, you accept responsibility for the full cost of the holiday even if you are prevented from coming due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We advise you to take out cancellation insurance. Please let us know straight away if you have to cancel your booking so that we can release the property for re-letting. If we are able to re-let the property, we will only retain your deposit to cover costs. If we can’t re-let, you will be liable to pay the whole balance
- If you wish to change/amend your booking, an amendment fee of £20 will apply.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking or cancel any bookings already made (subject to refunding any money you’ve paid) without further liability on our behalf.
- Check in timeis 6 pm on the day of arrival – please help us by not arriving before then.
- Check out timeis by 10am on the day of departure.
- Payments: You can pay the deposit and / or rent for your holiday through our website, by cheque (payable to Woodside Park Estates Ltd and posted to: Woodside, Park Avenue, Hartlepool, TS260EA), or bank transfer.
- We can only hold provisional bookingsfor two days.
- All our cottages are non-smoking.
- Bed linen and towels are supplied but please note that linen/bedding for cots is not provided.
Electricity rates: off-peak 10p/kwh, day rate 15p/kwh, however rates are subject to change and are those charged by our supplier at the time of your visit
Pets are welcome, for an additional fee, in all cottages except in Ardenstur Barn. They must not be left in the cottage unattended or allowed on furniture or beds. Please ensure you clear up after your pet. No puppies under 1 year old. If damage or extra cleaning is caused by pets you may charged. ‘No Pets’ in a description may not guarantee that pets have never occupied the property. No garden is guaranteed as secure for dogs even if described as private or enclosed.
Guest Responsibility: The supervision of children, babies, dogs and any adults requiring care remains your responsibility at all times.
You should put all furniture etc back to where it was at the beginning of the rental period.
Wildlife: Our cottages are in a beautiful rural area. Please therefore expect to meet some wildlife, including the odd spider, mouse, bird, fly, bee, wasp or other creature, which may make their way into a property.
In booking you agree:
- To pay for electricity and any losses or damage to the property.
- To pay for any other services used during your visit.
- To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition on departure. We reserve the right to make a charge for extra cleaning if the property is not left in a satisfactory condition.
- Not to part with possession of the property or share it with people not listed on the booking form
- Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description
- To permit the owners or their agents reasonable access to the property
- To abide by any estate rules posted on our website or in the cottage.
Complaints: We try to ensure our cottages are prepared so our guests will enjoy their holidays. If there is anything missing, a problem or cause for complaint please let us know immediately and every effort will be made to assist you. It is frustrating for all parties if you write after your holiday about a problem we could have solved at the time.
Liability: We cannot accept responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property, its plumbing, electrical services, appliances or weather.
No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of your property, (including pets), vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to you during your stay.
Should the Property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, you must accept that the Owner’s liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
The maximum liability accepted will be the total cost paid for the accommodation. No other expenses such as travelling costs or alternative accommodation will be accepted.
Cancellation: we reserve the right to refuse any booking and to cancel any booking already made if the property is unavailable (eg through fire, flood, etc) for any reason whatsoever, subject to a full refund of all monies paid.
Property descriptions and all details both written and verbal are given in good faith and believed to be correct, but interpretation thereof can be subjective and as such their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Property details may vary over time from photographs and descriptions on the websites.
Nuisance: Guests should not cause nuisance or annoyance to occupants of any nearby property. If, in the opinion of the owner, any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the property because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the owner may repossess the property immediately. The guest will remain liable for the whole cost of rental and no refund will be due.
Updated May 2018.